Chris Foley has been a member of the Professional Golfer Association since 1992. He is currently a PGA Master Professional. Since 2012, he has served as Director of Instruction at Cragun's Legacy Courses in Brainerd, MN. His prior experience includes:
- Director of Golf - The Members Club, Columbia, SC 2010-2012
- Head Golf Professional - Madden's on Gull Lake, Brainerd, MN 1997-2010
- Head Golf Professional - Glen Oaks Country Club, West Des Moines, IA 1995-1997
- Assistant Golf Professional - Wakonda Club, Des Moines, IA 1991-1995
- Assistant Golf Professional - Des Moines Golf and Country Club, West Des Moines, IA 1989-1991
|The main focus of his professional career has been increasing the enjoyment of golfers through his instruction programs. Foley annually gives 1000+ individual lessons along with many different group offerings including his Junior Golf Development Program. In the last 15 years, over 30 of Foley's students have gone on to play at the collegiate level. Chris Foley Golf takes advantage of the latest in technology to enhance the learning experience. Currently, he is the only professional in Minnesota using TrackMan. TrackMan is the gold standard in radar technology for teaching and fitting.
Additional honors and awards include:
||Voted 2002 Minnesota Section PGA Teacher of the Year.
One of only 57 PGA Professionals to have achieved Master Professional of Instruction from the PGA of America.
- Named Top Teachers in Region by Golf Magazine
- 2008 Minnesota Section PGA Facility Promoter of the Year
- 2004 Callaway National Club Fitter of the Year
- Named One of the Top 2 Teachers in Minnesota by Golf Digest Magazine
- Named to T&L Golf's MASTER CLASS of Teaching Pros in America
The biggest influences on his teaching career have been world-renowned instructors Hank Haney and Mike Shannon. Haney is consistently recognized as one of the top teachers in the world and has worked with over 100 PGA and LPGA Tour players. Mike Shannon is one of the best putting instructors in the world, currently teaching 30+ Tour players and some of the top amateurs in the country. He has been extremely innovative and influential in putting instruction.
Foley has spent time teaching with, studying, and observing with these world-class instructors.